Thursday, August 6, 2009

Who Has Three Baby Showers?!

Apparently when you've been waiting to bring a baby home for as long as we have, that means that your friends and family have also been waiting that long and can't wait to celebrate with you when it actually begins to happen! Can you imagine how it feels to have the kind of support that involves three separate celebrations in honor of your little girl?! It's just been amazing. My work threw us a beautiful baby shower on July 14th. There was a huge cake, tons of presents, a Titan's diaper cake( how cool is that?!), and some of the greatest people anyone could ask to work with. Steve and I were so moved that they had gone through so much trouble for us. We had so much fun!

Next. on July 18th, came a fabulous tea party baby shower thrown for me by my mother-in-law, Gigi, and my sister-in-law. Friday. My mom, sister-in-law, Cindi, and niece, Chris, came in from out of town to celebrate with us. A room full of my best friends, family, tea, dessert, and presents! It was awesome!





Last but not least, Steve and I flew to California where my sister, Mariam, my mom, my Aunt, Mahvash, and my cousin, Nazly, threw us a couple's shower on August 2nd in a beautiful park in Laguna Niguel. Butterflies seem to be popping up everywhere around us lately; on the wall in Kaiyin's room, the logo for our adoption agency, on the dress I chose for the shower, etc... This theme continued with our California shower. My sister decorated lanterns with butterflies that she cut out and there was the most beautiful cake I've ever seen decorated with butterflies. It was so nice to get together with family and friends, eat, share baby stories and celebrate bringing Kaiyin into our lives. It turned out to be a perfect day.






No comments:

Post a Comment