Wednesday, July 1, 2009

She's Perfect!

So now I'm sure you're wondering who she is! Well, we can't post pictures of her yet ( not until the adoption is official) but we can tell you a little about her. She is only two months old, weighs 8.5 pounds, is 22 inches long, and is perfect in every way!! We can't wait for you to see her! She's very smiley and just as sweet as can be! Okay, so this is what happens next. We have to go through the court proceedings in Ethiopia in order to make the adoption official. That's when we will officially be her parents. :) We will be assigned a court date within the next few weeks. Once we have a court date we will also have tentative travel dates. We are hoping to have a court date in mid to late July. Like I said, once we pass our court date Kaiyin will officially be ours and we will get to travel to pick her up 2-4 weeks after that. So we're hoping to travel in August. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers as we jump these final hurdles in order to bring our little girl home!

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations Elmira and Steve!!! So excited for your perfect little princess chosen by God for you! Can't wait to see her sweet smiling face! Will pray that all goes smoothly to get her home quickly! :)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!! So happy for you both!! Can't wait to meet lil Kaiyin!! We'll pray blessings and God's speed on these final steps!! What excitement must be felt in your home!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG...
    I am totally crying :)
    Can't wait to see her...and I hope she is HOME soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was so fun reading your referral story. We got our call on Tuesday but I had my phone off and didn't get it until Wednesday. I wonder if we'll be in the same travel group. Who knows, maybe our girls are even crib mates? Congratulations!

    Melodie
    www.themonbergs.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so excited for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE YOU BURKES. JUST LOVE YA

    ReplyDelete
  7. Elmira!!! Somebody at our last Estancia Girls' night told me the news and it's true!!! To say I am happy for you is an understatement - this is just fantastic news. You have my very best prayers and wishes...can't wait to hear more and see her home with you two!

    ReplyDelete